Last modified: 03 August 2022
Thank you for your interest in Sparky Tech, Inc., ("Sparky," "we", "our" or "us"). Sparky provides a product that helps companies build and manage their APIs. This Privacy Notice explains how information about you, that directly identifies you, or that makes you identifiable ("personal information") is collected, used and disclosed by Sparky in connection with our website at sparky.codes (the "Site") and our services offered in connection with the Site (collectively with the Site, the "Service").
We may also provide you with additional privacy notices or disclosures where the scope of the inquiry, request, or personal information we require falls outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional Privacy Notice or disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time. Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover or apply to our processing of information about our employees or contractors.
This Policy explains how we use your personal information when we act as a data controller. As far as you use our Service as a natural person, we are the controller of your personal information. We are responsible for, and control, the processing of your personal information.
Wherever our customers use our Service to submit, manage, or otherwise use content relating to our customers’ end users ("Customer Data") during the provision of our Service, we have contractually committed ourselves to only process such information on behalf and under the instruction of the respective customer, who is the data controller. This Privacy Notice does not apply to such processing and we recommend you read the Privacy Notice of the respective customer, if their processing concerns your personal information.
- California - Your California Privacy Rights: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. Note we do not share your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Nevada: Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. Note we do not sell your personal information within the meaning of Chapter 603A. However, if you would still like to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Note for International Visitors: Personal information may be transferred to, stored and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. For example, the Sites are primarily hosted in and provided from the United States. Please note the country to which personal data is transferred may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as the country from which it was transferred.
1. Information we collect and our use
Information That You Provide
We collect personal information from you. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Registration information. We collect personal and/or business information that you provide when you register for an account at the Site. This information may include your name, email address, GitHub username. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant services and information, communicate with you regarding your account, the Site and for customer support purposes.
- Information collected through the Use of the Service. After registration, you may create, upload or transmit files, documents, videos, images, data or information as part of your use of the Service (collectively, "User Content"). User Content and any information contained in the User Content, including personal information you may have included, is stored and collected as part of the Service. You have full control of the information included in the User Content.
- Payment information. If you make a purchase or payment on the Site, such as for a subscription, we collect transactional information provided in connection with your purchase or payment. Please note that we use third party payment processors, including Stripe, to process payments made to us. As such, we do not retain any personally identifiable financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly by you to our third-party processor. The payment processor’s use of your personal information is governed by their privacy notice. To view Stripe’s privacy notice, please visit: https://stripe.com/privacy.
- Communications. If you communicate with us through any paper or electronic form, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or any other personal information you choose to provide to us. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users and to manage and grow our organization. If you register for our newsletters or updates, we may communicate with you by email. To unsubscribe from promotional messages, please follow the instructions within our messages and review the Control Over Your Information section below.
- Inquiries and Feedback. If you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us.
You are free to choose which personal information you want to provide to us or whether you want to provide us with personal information at all. However, some information, such as your name, address, payment transaction information, and information on your requested Services may be necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may receive personal information about you from our business partners and service providers and combine this information with other data we collect from you. The third-parties may include website and service operators, payment processors, marketing partners, and shipping providers. The information may include contact information, demographic information, information about your communications and related activities, and information about your orders. We may use this information to administer and facilitate our services, your orders and our marketing activities.
- Single Sign-On. We use single sign-on ("SSO") such as GitHub to allow a user to authenticate their account using one set of login information. We will have access to certain information from those third parties in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by those third parties, including, for example, your name, username, email address, language preference, and profile picture. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We may also send you service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, purchase confirmation, customer support, changes or updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices).
- Social Media. When you interact with our Site through various social media, such as when you click on the social media icon on the Site, follow us on a social media site, or post a comment to one of our pages, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Employment Applications. If you apply for employment, we collect your contact and demographic information, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide. We use the information provided to evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources, including through third-party information providers, our shareholders, customers, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions. We may combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and communicate about account related matters;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you with information and updates on our products or services we think that you may be interested in. While we may use your personal information in this manner, please note that we do not use User Content to serve you ads, and we will never share User Content with any third parties for marketing or advertising purposes, unless you have explicitly submitted it to us for that purpose;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- To enforce our Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
2. How we share personal information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see Control Over Your Information.
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers or business partners who help us deliver or improve our Site or services, or who perform services on our behalf, which are subject to reasonable confidentiality terms, and may include processing payments, providing web hosting services, or providing analytics.
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements or to protect the security or integrity of the Sparky services, including to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with preventing fraud or illegal activity; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Sparky, our Customers, visitors, or others.
- We may share with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Sparky, and other companies owned by or under common ownership as Sparky. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Notice.
- We may transfer any information we collect in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including any shares in the company) or any portion or combination of our products, services, businesses and/or assets. Should such a transaction occur (whether a divestiture, merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, liquidation, or similar transaction or proceeding), we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that any transferred information is treated in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- We may disclose your information publicly or with another third party with your prior authorization.
- With others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. Control over your information
From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our Service, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer (or promotional offers from third parties) that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the "unsubscribe link" provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
Modifying Account Information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to modify certain information in your account (e.g., your contact information) through the account options provided on the Site. If there is personal information in your User Content, you can use the features and functionality of the Service to edit or delete the personal information or User Content. Not all personal information is maintained in a format that you can access or change. If you would like to request access to, or correction or deletion of personal information, you may send your request to us at the email provided below. We will review your request and may require you to provide additional information to identify yourself, but we do not promise that we will be able to satisfy your request.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, "tracking technologies").
We, and our third-party partners, use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier), and other such information.
- When you access our sites from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, and depending on your mobile device settings, we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.
- Information about the way you access and use our services, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our services, the pages you visit, the links you click, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the services from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Sites.
We use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom content and information; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our services; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) to provide, plan for, and enhance our services.
Note we do not engage in online targeted advertising.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Opt-Out. Depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able to set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the sites, as some features and services on our sites may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
5. Data Retention and Security
We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We store data on servers in the U.S. or any other country in which Sparky or its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or contractors maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that your personal information may be transferred to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Sparky cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. However, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
For your convenience, our Site may provide links to third-party websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or service are subject to the applicable third party’s rules and policies, not ours. If you are using a third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any site or service before providing any personal information.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that any personal information has been collected inadvertently from a child under 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal data by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Sparky account and/or by placing a prominent notice on our Site. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically. When we do change the Privacy Notice, we will also revise the "last modified" date.
9. Contact Us
For additional inquiries about this Privacy Notice, please send us an email at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice was last modified on 3rd August 2022